Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Be Happy

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Good morning and happy Wednesday. It's Sue here, and I'm happy to be sharing my second piece for the current 'numbers' challenge.


This is one of those very rare projects that turned out just like it did in my head. Maybe if I imagine myself tall and thin....

White cat in a snowstorm time! The border stamp has been diagonally stamped across the page, then clear embossed. I thought I could do a few lines at a time, but the ink dried too quickly, so I had to stamp a line and emboss, stamp a line and emboss....

It was worth it though, I love how it's turned out! The stamp is the Numbers Border and it's 8 inches long! I had to use a Cuttlebug plate as my stamping block. I've sponged bright Distress inks over the top so the numbers really pop.

Then I've chomped bits out with dies, and mounted onto black card.

I made a Brusho background and stamped the wonderful Medium Doodle Feather. Although this is a really ornate stamp it's really easy to cut out which suits me just fine.

And there we are. Feathers in place, and the Carmen's Veranda sentiment stamped onto a leftover bit of Brusho background.

You still have until the 25th to join in so come on and make the numbers up (sorry!) Just click here to join in the fun.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks very much for looking x

3 comments:

ionabunny said...

This is great. Love the numbers resist background and the lovely contrast between the layers. That feather stamp is gorgeous. Hugz

Kate Yetter said...

This is gorgeous! I love your background and that feather.

Sue said...

Thank you Kate xx