Thursday, October 19, 2017

Day 19 of the 31 Days of Halloween - The Farmer and His Wife Party!

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi again from Laurie!  It's already day 19 of the 31 day Halloween Blog Hop, so I hope you have been busy making some fun Halloween stamped goodies!

For this one, I decided to use a non-Halloween stamp and make it Halloween-y! 


I used the American Gothic Party stamp, which is one of my favorite Lost Coast Design stamps.  I stamped my image with black ink onto white card stock.  I added some color to their faces and colored the farmer's vest orange, in the spirit of the season.  I then cut out some of the background behind the figures so I could use my own background.  I mounted my stamped image onto a blue/gray background I created with some Distress Oxide Inks.  I tucked a shining full moon into the left corner and added a couple of bats flying around.  Last I gave Mr. and Mrs. both witch's hats and parked a pumpkin in the lower left corner.  I colored the frame with brown marker and used gold marker to outline the inside edge - trying to give it the look of a vintage picture frame.  Then mounted this to white then black card stock.  A fab Halloween card!!

The full list of participants of the hop can be found in the side bar. 
From here you need to hop to Tee
Don't forget to leave us a little love so we know you dropped by.  

We also have two chances to win Lost Coast dollars. Link up your projects to these fun challenges:
31 Days Of Halloween - share your Halloween projects - til 31st October
Animals Challenge -  stamp an animal - til 25th October

9 comments:

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the additions to the American Gothic.
The orange/black on his sweater is great.
thanks for sharing.

Tink said...

Love American Gothic!! Great card!!

Tee said...

Fabulous card! Love the American Gothic Party stamp and the pops of orange with his vest! Love everything about this card.

Denise Bryant said...

Too fun! Love the way you 'Halloweened' it up!

Dotty Jo said...

This is sheer brilliance! Jo x

Bonnie Irvine said...

I love how you have made this iconic image Halloweeny...so creative. It makes me smile. Thanks for the inspiration. Bonnie (LeighSBDesigns DT)

Susan Renshaw said...

This is great...love all the details!

ionabunny said...

This is so funny. The looks on their faces!! Love the smiley moon and the hats and bats. Fab project. Hugz

Sue said...

This is brilliant Laurie, one of my favourite stamps! xx