Friday, April 20, 2018

Kitty behind the curtain

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hello all in blog land. Cathy here with a card for the challenge. Stamped backgrounds is what it is called. You can check out some of the backgrounds here or here for your ATCs or here for some Carmen's Verandas backgrounds.

I started off with some watercolor paper and I took my Nuance powers and made them into a watercolor and painted a "sky"  background.  I set that aside to dry and I worked on the cat image. It is  Curtain Cat from KatzelKraft. Lost Coast Designs is carrying some.

I had it already stamped out and colored on a different piece of cardstock. I had stamped a saying and I smudged the ink on it so I couldn't use it for what I wanted but I didn't want to throw the card away. We all know what I'm talking about right.
 
Next I cut out the curtain cat and edged it with black marker so you don't see the white edge from cutting out. Added glossy accents to eyes because they need to be glossy. Set that aside to dry and then I went back to the watercolor sky.
So I grabbed my Flying Birds background stamp and stamped it on my watercolor sky background.
Then I adhered the curtain cat to the side of the card.   
The I took a circle and painted it some of the Nuance powers to make a moon and attached to the top of the card.
All put together. I hope to see your creation with stamped backgrounds.
You can join the fun here.
You can also join over on our Facebook group.

1 comment:

ionabunny said...

This is such a fun card Cathy. I love the bird background, perfect for this cat peeking out. Hugz