Sunday, July 28, 2024

#187 Christmas in July challenge.

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
 
Hi there cardmakers and stampers.
Riet here with a new tutorial for you.
Today is my last card for the Christmas in July challenge.
I'll tell you how I made it.

Materials:
LCD mouse stamp,
(Not yet in the webshop)

Stencil Craftemotions 
xmas florals.
Blue/green bister.
Distressink,
Broken china,
Speckled egg,
Evergreen bough,
Twisted citron,
Barn door, for santa's hat.
White gellpen
Black fineliner
Stazon dove grey and Jet Black
Red glitter
Black inkpad.
Light grey marker.
Color pencils for the mouse.
Glue pen.

Lets start making the background.

I started with the 3 Distressinks
Broken china, Speckled egg and Evergreen bough,
I distributed the colors over the paper with sponges.

I sprayed it with plenty of water and blotted it with paper towel.
It lightened it up a bit.

Made it wet again and sprinkled some bister here and there.
Blot it again with the paper towel.

Now it looks like the photo, 
but when I turned the paper over I saw that the ink and bister had leaked through.
And it was beautiful too.

So I decided to make the back the front of the card.
But that is of course up to you to decide which side you like better.

Stamp the mouse with Stazon dove gray in the background and on a thin paper.
Also do this with the Santa hat.
Color the mouse and Santa hat on the loose paper.

Stamp the words around the mouse with black Stazon.
The Misk Words sheet contains a lot of words related to Christmas. 
So I stamped some of them on the card.

We now apply the holly leaves to the card with the stencil
 and the distress ink Evergreen bough and twisted citron and an ink blender.

Use the fineliner to scribble some lines around the words.
Color the mouse and Santa hat and glue them to the card.
Use the gray marker to create some shadows under the words and around the mouse.

I punch some holes of different sizes in a piece of mica sheet, 
I use this for the red berries.

I spunge it to the paper with distressink barn door.
Then I went over it with the glue pen and sprinkle it with the red glitter.

And that's it for this month's challenge.
There is still time to participate until the last day of July.
The winner will be announced on August 5.
Hope you'll join us and I wish you the goodluck.

1 comment:

aussie aNNie said...

Awesome image Riet, thanks for sharing xx