Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
This is Lori with a new project for the Mini Me Challenge. Art Journaling is another one of my favorite ways to use rubberstamps. It is a great way to try new ideas and experiment with new products. Below is an itty bitty journal page that I created in my mini 4”x 4” album.
Lost Coast Designs Stamps:
- More Bugs; Butterfly
- Long Swirl
- Harmony, Peach, “Joy”, Freedom
- Faber-Castelle Gelatos: Galaxy, Stardust, Fig, Satellite
- White cardstock piece for stamped butterfly image
- Ranger Archival ink; Jet Black, Deep Purple, Cobalt, Cool Graphite
- DecoArt DuraClear Matte Varnish
- DecoArt Glamour Dust, Ultra Fine Glitter Paint
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint, Lamb Black
- DecoArt Americana Premium, White Gesso
- Faber-Castell Artist Pitt Pens
- Metal feather embellishment
1. Apply a coat of gesso to your Art Journal substrate (my book has pages of heavy weight mixed media paper). Allow to dry or use heat tool.
2. Apply Gelatos over gesso surface, randomly applying multiple colors. Then blend with wet baby wipe until you achieve your desired look. Allow to dry or use heat tool.
3. Going in a left to right motion, apply matte varnish. NOTE: Gelato colors with react to varnish; this is how I achieved the streaky color in the background. Allow to dry or use heat tool.
4. Using Long Swirl stamp, stamp swirls across the left side and bottom of the page. I stamped with Cool Graphite first, then again in Deep Purple and repeated with Cobalt.
5. Apply paint splatters with black acrylic paint. Dry and then apply another coat of matte varnish. Allow to dry.
6. Stamp butterfly, with black archival ink, directly onto the journal page in the upper right corner (see picture for placement).
7. Stamp a 2nd butterfly (with archival ink) onto a separate piece of white cardstock. Seal with matte varnish and allow to dry. Once dry, color with Artist Pitt Pens.
8. Cover butterfly image with a coat of Glamour Dust paint.
9. Fussy cut butterfly and adhere (glue down the middle of the butterfly only, leave wings free) over stamped butterfly on the journal page. Adjust wings to lift off of page.
10. Adhere metal feather embellishment over the body of the butterfly.
11. Stamp “Joy” saying at the bottom of the journal page in black archival ink.
12. Edge page with Artist Pitt Pens (I used grey tones); blend with fingers or sponge along the way. This will create a nice border.
Be sure to LINK your “Mini Me” project for a chance to win! I am looking forward to seeing all of your Mini Creations!