Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
Altered on the Vintage
Lori here! On one of my latest outings (in the search for vintage treasures), I found a vintage Avon bottle shaped like a pocket watch. It was so cool that I just had to have it, even though I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with it.
Then, BAM, the Round & Round challenge came along and an idea just popped into my head. Let’s alter it with rust effect paste and the Lost Coast Designs Large Doll Face stamp.
Lost Coast Designs Stamp:
- Large Doll Face
- Prima, Finnabair – Rust Effect Paste
- Ranger Archival ink; Jet Black
- DecoArt Americana DuraClear Matte Varnish
- DecoArt Americana Premium Gesso, Black
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology
- Found items and other embellishments
- Tissue paper
- Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pens
1. Apply a coat of black gesso to the pocket watch bottle - every-where except the clock face.
2. Apply rust effect paste to bottle. Again, every-where except the clock face.
3. Stamp Large Doll Face onto tissue paper with Archival Ink and cut out. Adhere over clock face with Matte Varnish. Allow to dry.
4. Use Artist Pitt Pens to add color to the doll face.
5. Embellish with gears, wings, and other embellishments (that have also been treated with rust effect paste).
6. Seal the entire piece with matte varnish
Now I really want to see your Round & Round challenge project so be sure to LINK your project for a chance to win!