Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
Hello all. This is Lori with another card for the Tweet This Challenge that I hope you will find inspiring. Being the newbie, you may not know that I am deeply in a love to acrylic paint right now. It seems to be my go to medium, even for cards! Below is a card that I built around a back drop made with acrylic paint and crackle medium.
Lost Coast Designs Stamps:
- Broken Letters
- 3 Birds
- White card base (4 5/8” x 6 ¼”) and panel (¼” smaller around than card base).
- Black card stock (trimmed smaller that panel (with room to tear edges on top and bottom)
- White cardstock piece for stamped bird image
- Ranger Archival ink, jet black
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic paint (Titnanium White, Spicy Mustard)
- DecoArt Americana Décor Crackle Medium
- DecoArt DuraClear Statin Varnish
- Faber-Castell Artist Pitt Pens
- Uni-ball Signo Broad white pen
- 3M double sided foam tape
- Ranger Distress Oxide Ink; Fossilized Amber, Vintage Photo
- Re-purposed plastic mesh
- Sheer Black Ribbon
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Small Talk stickers
- Apply crackle medium to black card stock in a thin coat and allow to air dry.
- Once dry, quickly (don’t overwork it) apply Titanium White and Spicy Mustard acrylic paint over crackle medium surface. Allow to dry.
- Seal crackled surface with satin varnish. Dry with heat tool and then tear card stock at the top and bottom. See card for example; finished torn piece is approximately 4 ½” in height and 4 5/8” wide. Set aside.
- Stamp white card stock panel with stamp from broken letters set in archival ink. Cover entire surface. Use blending tool to blend oxide ink around edges. Edge script panel with archival ink and then set aside.
- Stamp a bird from 3 Birds set in Archival ink and seal image with satin varnish. Once dry, color bird with Artist Pitt Pens. (I used several shades of orange, yellow and browns).
- Fussy cut bird image out and put a final seal of satin varnish on it. Dry with Heat tool.
- Add highlights to bird with white pen.
- Retrieve crackle background element and adhere a strip of plastic netting as well as sheer ribbon across the lower portion of the panel. See card to placement.
- Adhere bird over netting/ribbon with mounting tape. Again, refer to card image for placement.
- Choose saying from the Small Talk sticker set and stick to upper left portion of crackle element.
- Adhere the finished crackle panel with bird to center of script panel.
- Adhere script panel (with finished crackle panel and bird) to card base. Edge card base with archival ink.
Be sure to link your “Tweet This” project for a chance to win! I am looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations!