Monday, September 24, 2018

Oh Those Ruby Slippers

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun! 
Good morning and happy Monday, it's Sue here with my 'Yellow Brick Road' project.
I must admit I'm not a big Wizard of Oz fan, I've seen it once when I was little, and I remember that those flying monkeys were really scary!
 I started by making my scene with a stencil and some blending inks.
Then I stamped my Carmen's Veranda Flying Monkeys  a few times, and coloured them the same colours as in the film, - you gotta love a monkey with a blue face!
I typed up the sentiment on the computer, it's what the witch says to the monkeys as she sends them on their way!
And we're all done and stuck down in the album.

This is a sad post for me, as it's my last one for Lost Coast Designs. I've had a brilliant time here for the last 18 months, so a huge thank you to Linda and the team for putting up with me.
I hope you like my Oz piece, have a great day, and thanks very much for looking x


5 comments:

Redanne said...

Such a great interpretation of the theme Sue, I really love the spooky tree background you created!. I think the team are going to miss you!! Anne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love the eerie background Sue, teams up perfect with the die cut house. The pop of red from the Monkey's little jackets is a dash of genius. Thank you for sharing & wishing you all the best Sue.
Hugs Tracey xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

It’s a wonderful project!

Craftyfield said...

Well done for finding the inspiration for this theme! Sad to see you leaving the team, Sue, but good luck for your next adventure(s)!

ionabunny said...

Love this Sue. What a wonderful monkey troop you have made. Since they are flying maybe it's a paratroop!! Thank you for all your wonderful projects and inspiration. We will miss your beautiful posts but I hope you continue to share your lovely art with us. Good luck with all your endeavors. Thanks and HUGZ