Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Tornado in the house

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
Cathy here with a Oz inspired card for you today.

Stamp used: Oz witch

Other Supplies used:
Nuance Powers
Photo paper (glossy paper WILL NOT work)
Coffee filters
Stencil
Glitter
Craft Mat
Black ink
Black cardstock
Words from a OZ book.

So to start off you need your coffee filters spray bottle of water and your photo paper. I know we all have some laying around. Lastly you need you Nuance powers
1. Spray your coffee filter with water.
2. Sprinkle the powers on the filter.
3. Spray more water to move the colors if needed.
4.  Grab photo paper and lift coffee filter.
5. Set paper down on craft mat and set coffee filter on top.( it will take a "photo" of the coffee filter)
6. Set aside to dry.
Here are some other backgrounds I made doing this.


However you lay the filter on the paper that is how the paper will look at first. Some I keep like it some I went back and smooched the filter on the paper to cover it all.
Stamp Oz witch on white cardstock and color with Copic markers. Cut out. 
When your photo is dry take a stencil and some black ink and cover you paper with it so it looks like mini tornados all over the background. Then I added some blue and sliver glitter to the circles and dots.
Then I added my witch and cut out book saying to the front. Mounted it on black card base.
 Come join the OZ fun here.

2 comments:

Sue said...

What a fabulous technique Cathy, I love your piece! xx

ionabunny said...

Beautiful backgrounds. I love the swirly tornado's and the mad witch. Bwahahhahahaa. Hugz