Saturday, December 8, 2018

Let It Snow!

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi to all from Laurie with a happy Snowman bringing you Cold and Frosty greetings for the first part of the December challenge on the Lost Coast Portal.  We want to see what you can create using the theme:  Cold and Frosty.

For this card, I used the Snowman stamp from Carmen's Veranda.  I like how he looks a bit old fashioned.  I stamped him onto white card stock with black ink and cut him out.  I then restamped his scarf and buttons with blue ink, cut those out, and superimposed them onto my original stamped image.  I colored his twig arms brown and gave him some "eyes of coal" using black rhinestones.  I originally colored his carrot nose with an orange marker but it did not show up well, so I cut a little nose for him from some orange paper.  

My background was created using blue paint which I spread on my Gelli plate with a brayer.  I then pressed a piece of white paper to the plate and pulled a print of just plain blue.  I mixed some white paint with some water, and using a spatter brush, spattered the white paint onto my blue background to look like snow falling.  

I adhered my snowman to the card front with foam tape.  I found a "Let It Snow" sticker in my sticker stash and stuck it onto a larger square of black paper.  I cut out and added a sign post and affixed the little "sign" to the lower edge as shown.  Final step was to add a top hat to Mr. Snowman and adhere the finished card front to a piece of white card stock.  


No comments: