Hello Portal Peeps.
Today we would like to start by introducing our new teamster
DOT LEATHBRIDGEDot is joining us from Australia. Here's what she has to say about herself,
Hi everyone, I'm Dot and I live in Geelong, Australia. My two boys are now all grown up and are beginning their own adventures which is exciting to see.
I started my crafting journey by going to a 'stamp party' when the kids were younger and was instantly hooked! I am a passionate stamper who loves to experiment and have fun with stamps. There are so many different ways to use them.
I've been on few design teams over the years along with the occasional chance to be published in magazines both in Australia and overseas. I now have my own shop, on Etsy, where I sell the stamps that I love, including Lost Coast Designs stamps.Lost Coast Designs stamps have long been a favourite of mine. I love how unique and original they are, so different to any other stamps that are out there. They just make you smile every time you see them.
Welcome to the team Dot. Over to you......
Hi, it's Dot here and I'm excited to share my first DT card with you today.
I had so much fun putting this card together and I hope you give it a go.
It's great to get back into the swing of crafting after the Christmas and New Year break.
This card is where the stamps do all the work, with only a little bit of masking involved.
Step x Step:
- Stamp the Daisy Flourish onto your card. I've used Archival Jet Black.
- Paint over the flourish with masking fluid with a fine paint brush and let dry. It only takes a minute or two.
- Ink up the Arches and Door with different shades of brown ink. Start with light brown first and then go to the darker browns so that you don't wreck your ink pads.
- Clean any wet ink from your masked area and then lightly rub away the masking.
- Because it is a large stamp I've taken the card to the stamp and carefully rubbed over the card. A little like when you are using a gelli-plate, keeping one hand on the card at all times so that it doesn't slip.
- Stamp the 3 animals from the Isle of Aud set onto photocopy paper. Again I've used Archival ink. Cut out and edge lightly with Black Soot DI.
- To finish, attach the animals to your background. Stamp the smallest puppy from Puppy 1 (Carri's Menagerie) into the doorway. Mat and layer your card onto coordinating card.Come join the Anything Goes Challenge.