Monday, February 18, 2019

Square Challenge

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Cathy here with 2 cards for this challenge.

Stamps Used: Forest God square
                     Calligraphy square
       MRaven2

 For this card I started out with some mixed media paper and Distress Oxide inks. I picked some greens and a brown to go with the Forest God stamp. I smooched the inks on my craft mat and dipped my paper in it. I did this till I got the look I wanted.

 I then stamped the Forest God square on it with black ink.  Mind you I didn't stamp it strait or in the center where I wanted so I had to make it work with some cutting and adding some bling.  I then layered it with some brown cardstock and added it to a green card.

For this card I stared out the same way. Mixed media cardstock and some Distress Oxide inks. This time I used purple and blue for the colors.  I smooched the colors on my craft mat and dipped my paper in it. I then stamped Calligraphy square on the paper. I did not want full coverage of the stamp so I did not ink it fully. I cut it down to size.
 Next I took one of the new raven stamps MRaven2 and stamped it over the top of the Calligraphy square. I then added a light touch of glitter to the raven. Layered it on blue cardstock and then on a pattern paper on a white card base.

You can find all the square stamps here. There are quite a few of them .

Ok I showed you mine you can show me yours. Come join the challenge here.

3 comments:

Christine Kiehl said...

Nicely done pair of cards! Love the Raven!

Clipping Path said...

Really great art. You are an inspirational!

ionabunny said...

That Forest God square is very cool and I love how you combined the raven and the calligraphy square. Two beautiful cards Cathy. Hugz