Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
Lori here, back with an interesting technique featuring a face and paper folding for the "Face On" challenge. The card below sports a folded pinwheel element that nicely frames a stamped circular face image as the focal point. This folded pinwheel is a fun and easy way to add dimension and character to a project. See the instructions below for the step by steps.
Lost Coast Designs:
- Joy Dictionary Background
- Art Doll
- Large Swirl
- Black and white cardstock
- Pinter paper
- Permanent black inpad
- Embossing powder and ink
- Colored pencil
1) Stamp the Joy Dictionary Background stamp onto a piece of white printer paper with permanent ink. Cover the entire sheet.
2) Cut into 8, 2" x 2" squares.
3) Fold and assemble as demonstrated below:
4) Finished pinwheel should look like this:
5) Stamp Large Swirl onto black card stock with embossing ink, emboss with white embossing powder.
6) Stamp Art Doll image and cut out face.
7) Adhere face to center of pinwheel and pink up the cheeks with a colored pencil.
8) Adhere black embossed card stock panel to top folding, white card base and tie fibers around top of card.
9) Adhere pinwheel element to card as shown below. Done!
I hope you enjoyed this project and technique! We would love to see your "Face On" creations and invite you to link your project to the blog post for the "Face On" Challenge.