Saturday, June 22, 2019

Include A Human Face: The Girl With A Curl

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi again from Laurie on this 22nd day of June with a project for the current challenge here on the Portal:  Include a Human Face.  So we want you to put a human face on your project and you can do that any way that appeals to you.

I have made a square collage piece using the  Girl With A Curl stamp from Lost Coast Designs and the Postcard Background from Carmen's Veranda.

I started by stamping the girl onto a scrap of cream paper then tore around the edges to give it a rough look.  I added just a hint of color with some pink Distress Ink to her cheeks.  
I had on hand some Tim Holtz decorative tissue paper that I had dyed using coffee.  I stitched my girl's face onto a square piece of that tissue paper.  Next I took some leafy die cuts and stamped them with the Postcard Background stamp to add some text, then glued them to opposing corners. 

For the final step, I took a rough edged piece of hand made cream paper and stitched my tissue paper square to that.  I love this Girl With A Curl stamp and like the vintage-y feel of this collage piece.
https://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2019/06/challenge-78-face-on.html

Please join us here at the Portal and show us your stamped projects you create that Include A Human Face.  You just might win some free stamps!!



1 comment:

ingunnsinekort said...

Such a cool pice! Love the wintage feel to it:)