Saturday, March 30, 2024

The Flying Club

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
 
Hello Portal Peeps!    Happy Easter!!  Hope you have chocolate!!!
Gail here today with a art journal page.  It's been a long time since I have worked in my art journal but when I started looking at flying themed stamps I tried a few different ideas.  And then I decided to put them all together in a glorious collage.

My starting point was Lost Coast Designs Flying Pig.  I decided to make an ATC with a brusho sprinkle background and the Carmen's Veranda Art Wings To Fly stamp.  The pig was stamped, coloured and fussy cut and I glittered the wings. 

One ATC seemed lonely so I stamped Lost Coast Designs Gnome Witch On A Broom on a piece of white card, watercoloured with distress inks and cut with an ATC die.  I fussy cut around the end of the broom so it would protrude outside the ATC when I die cut. 

Then the ideas were flowing.  I stamped Carmen's Veranda Bullseye on a piece of offwhite card and ripped the edges.  Then I fingerpainted with Worn Lipstick distress ink to add some patches of colour.

I stamped Lost Coast Designs Flagstone Background on a scrap of patterned card and stamped Whimsical Flora directly on top.  Then I selectively coloured for a stained glass look.  Tron is another stamp which is excellent for this technique. 
Then I turned to my journal page.  These are a pale yellow pages.  I started by putting some distress inks on an acrylic block, spritzing with water then using bubble wrap to stamp the colour on my page.  I used a few different distress ink.  Then I stamped a border with Lost Coast Designs Dominos Border
Then I put it all together.  
I stamped some Dictionary Words on cork and embossed with black embossing powder and found some more cork embellishments to finish the page.
 
I hope you like my art journal page. 
 You have until 23.59 PST on the 31st to join the Let's Fly fun and don't forget to follow us so you don't miss anything!  The team will be posting more inspiration throughout the month so do pop over and see what they are doing.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

No comments: