Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
Lazy No Body?
Lazy No Body?
I’m back with an amusing card for the “No Body Here” Challenge. I just loved the Grumpy Penguins set the minute I saw it and I thought it paired nicely with the “Lazy” sentiment stamp from the Carmen’s Veranda collection. And...I can admit that, on occasion, I have been known to have “selective participation” when it comes to work! But, hey, we should all be allowed a few lazy moments, right!?!
Lost Coast Designs Stamps:
- Grumpy Penguins
- Fibers Background
- Joy (dictionary print)
- Lazy sentiment
- Pan Pastels
- Ranger Archival Ink, Jet Black
- Ranger Dye Ink, Cool Graphite
- Adhesive pearls
- Metal Charms
- White and Black card stock
- Paper tab
- On a white card stock panel (4” x 5 ¼”), use Pan Pastels to add color.
- Using the Fibers stamp with Cool Graphite ink, stamp over the entire panel.
- Next, stamp partial images (just small sections of the stamp) with the Fibers stamp across the background, with Archival Jet Black ink.
- Again, with Archival Jet Black ink, stamp partial images; this time with the Joy Dictionary print.
- On a 2” x 3” piece of white card stock, stamp the largest Grumpy Penguin with Archival Jet Black ink. Add some color to the Penguin as well as around the outer edges of this pieces with Pan Pastels.
- Mount the penguin panel onto a piece of black card stock (2 ¼” x 3 ¼”).
- Add adhesive pearls and a paper tab to the penguin element. See card for placement.
- Adhere Penguin panel to center of background panel.
- Stamp half of sentiment “lazy is a very strong word.” above the penguin with Archival Jet Black ink.
- Color the edges of a 4 ¼ x 5 ½ card face (top folding) with Pan Pastels.
- Edge background panel and card base with Archival Jet Black ink.
- Adhere background panel onto card base.
- Tie twine around top of card.
- Stamp the rest of the Lazy sentiment into the center of the card.
I sure hope you join us for this challenge as I love to seeing your projects. Just create a project that fits in with this week’s challenge and link them to the No Body Here Challenge post.