Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Butterfly Trio with Roni

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hello Friends!

Today I wanted to share a card that was inspired by challenge #56 - "Things that Start with "B"!


I knew I wanted to make a butterfly card so I stamped 3 of the 5 butterflies from the "Butterfly Set" onto white cardstock using VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink.

I then scribbled Marabu Art Crayons onto my craft mat and began to play! I used a waterbrush to mix and pick up the medium to paint each butterfly.

After each butterfly had been painted and the paint allowed to dry I fussy cut them each out of the cardstock. 

I created a background for the butterflies, again using Marabu Art Crayons (for more information on how I went about creating this background, please see - B is for Butterfly).

Next I roughly placed the butterflies on the panel to determine correct placement. Once satisfied with the lay-out I stamped the butterfly directly on the green panel - by doing so I didn't have to worry about cutting around all of the little antenna since they are already on the card!

I stamped the sentiment (Art Wings to Fly) among the butterfly images then mounted the water colored butterflies over the stamped butterflies.  I gave them a bit of dimension by gluing their bodies directly to the panel but adhering the wings to the card using double stick foam tape.  

Hope this has inspired you to play along with our challenge!

Image may contain: 1 person, text

No comments: