Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Three Wise Monkeys

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Howdy to all from Laurie!  This second half of July has us working on the latest challenge:  "No Body Here".  So we are looking for your creations that feature no people, aka "no body".

I created a card for this challenge using the Three Monkeys stamp from Lost Coast designs.
I stamped my three monkeys onto white card stock, cut them out, and colored them with Copic markers.  I took a background paper I had created using my Gelli plate, brown and orange acrylic paints, and an impression plate.  I added come metallic accents and a bit of orange Distress Ink as highlights.

I circle punched three holes along the middle of my background paper.  I then die cut some circular frames out of brown paper and attached those around my punched circles.  I dotted those brown frames with copper ink.  Using the ATC Misc. 6 Set from Lost Coast Designs, I stamped some small script onto tan paper and backed each of my circles with it.  I then attached each of the three monkeys atop the backgrounds.  

Using my printer and some orang-ish card stock, I printed the words, cut them out, outlined them in black, and affixed them as shown with foam tape.  I layered the card front to a dark brown panel, and fini!
So get out your stamps and ink pads and let's see what you can create with "nobodys"!


3 comments:

ionabunny said...

This card is fab. Love the monkeys in their orange and blue clothes. Hugz

Sue said...

This is brilliant Laurie, I love your monkeys xx

Lori said...

Great card, Laurie!