Saturday, April 20, 2019

On Wings She Flies: Flying Mona

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Oh I love this challenge - anything with wings is my thing!  Butterflies, birds, angels,
fairies, you name it!  I hope you love them too and will make some winged women creations for this new challenge.

I made a card for this one using the Mona Flying stamp for the central image and the Sketchy Rose as a background accent. These are both from the Lost Coast Designs collection.
I stamped my Mona on white card stock with black ink then cut her out.  I added some color to her face with Copic markers and colored her hair as well.  I then stamped her wings, her body, and her legs with black ink onto coordinating pieces of card stock and cut those out.  I superimposed those onto my original stamped image and added some enamel dots as buttons and cut out a crown for her to wear.

My background is a piece of paper painted and stenciled on my Gelli plate in pink and green paints.  I used the Sketchy Rose stamp and black ink to randomly stamp the page to give the background a bit more interest.  I used foam tape to attach Mona to the center so she stands out a bit.

I then stamped the saying Too Many Options from Carmen's Veranda with black ink onto white paper and cut it into individual words.  I edged each with black ink and arranged as shown.
The final step was to mount my card front to a deep pink piece of card stock.
https://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2019/04/challenge-74-on-wings-she-flies.html
Get out your art supplies and create a wonderful female with wings something and you might win some free stamps!!

No comments: