Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Christmas In July Challenge: Dear Santa

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Laurie here and oh how fun it was to dig out my Christmas stamps and supplies in the middle of July!  I love making Christmas projects so this was a really fun theme for me - hope you will jump in as well and get a little holiday spirit in the summer!

I made a card for this project using the 50's Girl stamp from Lost Coast and the Dear Santa clear stamp from Carmen's Veranda.  My base is a piece of scrapbook paper that came in a 6X6 pack.  I cut it down to size and edged it with red ink.  

I stamped my 50's gal with black ink onto white card stock and cut her out.  I then stamped her again onto green paper then cut out the checkered parts of her dress and affixed those parts atop my original stamped image.  I colored her skin with Copic markers and added some red rhinestones to the buttons down the front of her dress.  I then cut out a Santa hat and perched it atop her head.

Next I stamped my sentiment onto white paper with black ink and cut it out.  I edged it with black ink and positioned it in the left corner of the card front.  I attached my 50's gal atop that so it appears she is perched on the edge.  I added some red foil trim and an ornament sticker as shown.  

Voila!  Christmas in July!  Please join us here on the Portal and share your Christmas creations!



No comments: