Friday, July 26, 2019

Christmas in July with the Angels

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi everyone,
thank you so much for stopping by.

Today I'm sharing a Christmas card with you,
because, seriously, we all need ideas as Chrissy gets closer.

This card uses the Herald Angels stamp.


Have you got your cuppa ready while I step you through how this was made?
Here we go ...

Step 1: Using your trusty old credit card, swipe some paint across your card.  The flatter your card as you use it, then the more rustic your background will look. I've used DecoArt paints.


Step 2: Stamp your image onto tissue paper and dry it with a heat tool.




Step 3:  Remove excess tissue paper from around your image. I use a water brush and gently pull the tissue paper apart.  Turn the tissue paper over and colour in some of the image.  You can see from the photo above that it doesn't need to be as arty as if you were painting on top of something.  The main thing is that you stay within the lines.  Oh, and from experience, dry the paint before turning it over and checking how it is coming along.  Wet paint will mark tissue paper easily and it wont come off.

Step 4:  Attach your dried tissue paper to your background with a gel medium.

Step 5:  Finger painting! I added a little extra white paint to a couple of corners with my fingers.  I had an idea to add a little Chrissy stenciling to the corners. 

Step 6:  I used a mini blender and archival ink to add some stenciling to the corners.  The stencil I used had a few bits on it so a little washi tape was added to make sure there wasn't any unwanted stenciling.

To finish:  Edge it with some archival ink.  Splatter a little white paint. Mat and layer it onto card stock.  


This is a beautiful stamp to use.  It's big enough to make a whole card with.
Tissue paper is one of my favourite techniques to use.  I hope that you decide to give it a go. 
And that you have been inspired to play.

Lost Coast Designs have a challenge called
Christmas In July
here on the blog or over on the fb fan page.

https://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2019/07/challenge-80-christmas-in-july.html

There is still time to join in and be in the drawn to win a fabulous prize from
Lost Coast Designs

Happy Stamping!
Dot x

1 comment:

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Thank you for the inspiration. I was googling to find the name of my angel stamp ... I knew it was Lost Coast and found your tutorial and the link to the Christmas in July challenge. I linked two of the 12 cards I made last night and this morning. Your version is really pretty! I think your painting behind the angels sparked the idea to use a ball stylus behind the wings on my version.