Thursday, July 18, 2019

Christmas in July Tag

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
Cathy here with a Christmas tag for you today.
I got my inspiration from some YouTube videos people are doing to celebrate Christmas in July. The one I made my tag was one using up the scrap you have left over from making cards.
Stamps Used:
Small snowflake set
Megan's Christmas bird

 So I started out with the red piece of paper on the bottom of this tag. It is the flip side from the paper I used to my make a card to start this challenge.
Here it is.

First cut the red paper with a die tag. (on the bottom of the tag die so it will fit perfectly on the bottom of the tag.)
Next take some green paper and cut out the whole tag shape. Stamp some of the Small snowflake set on the tag with black ink.
Glue the red paper to the green tag and edge with red ink. Set aside.
Die cut a doily from white cardstock and glue it off the side of tag. Die cut the word joy out of white cardstock 3 times and layer on top of each other. Then die cut it once out of black cardstock and layer on top. Glue on the bottom of tag,

 Stamp Megan's Christmas bird on a separate white cardstock. Color with Copic markers just the bird. Cut out and add foam tape to the back to make it stand out. Add to tag.
Lastly add ribbon to the top and some embellishments to the tag. 
I must say this is a great way to use up your paper scraps you have. 
Come join in the Christmas in July challenge here.

No comments: