Monday, December 30, 2019

Day 30: In the Deep Midwinter: Snowman

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi from Laurie as we come to the close of 2019 and a final project for our "In the Deep Midwinter" Challenge.  I hope the new year brings you much happiness and good health.

For this card, I used the Snowman stamp from Carmen's Veranda and the Small Snowflakes Set from Lost Coast Designs.  I began by stamping my snowman onto white card stock and cutting him out.  I trimmed off the tail of the little scarf around his neck and using some navy fibers, I fashioned a real scarf for him.  I added small enamel dots for his eyes and larger ones for his buttons.  I cut a small "carrot" nose for him from orange paper and cut out a black top hat to finish him off.

I took my dark blue background paper and heat embossed a variety of snowflakes randomly across it with white embossing powder.
   I also heat embossed the edge with white embossing powder, then layered this with a piece of silver metallic card stock.  I attached my snowman with foam dimensional tape, and that's a wrap!

You still have time to join the challenge and show us your wintry projects for a chance to win some amazing free stamps!

Happy New Year!


No comments: