Saturday, December 28, 2019

Forever Friends

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hello Portal Peeps.  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the period between the eves.  Reflecting on the last year?  Looking forward to the year ahead?  Or maybe just playing with some new crafty products??  I have made a friendship card inspired by our current In The Deep Midwinter challenge.  Any stamped winter inspired make is welcome.  Join the fun and maybe you will win yourself a very happy start to the New Year.  

Here's my card using Lost Coast Designs very lovely
Cat and Bird and Small Snowflakes stamps.


I started by stamping Cat and Bird with black archival ink then masked the image.  I stamped the Small Snowflakes with Bluebird archival.  You get 8 different stamps in this set and I used them all!  Then I bumped them and stamped again with Watering Can archival.  I thought it looked a bit too structured so I used 2nd and 3rd generation stamping with the grey ink to make a proper blizzard.
I gave the background a water colour wash with Stormy Sky distress ink and coloured the cat with Spiced Marmalade.  I used gel pens for her eyes and also added some glitter for a bit of a wow factor.  The bird was coloured with red Promarker and I glittered his crown.
I stamped some words from Lost Coast Designs Misc. Words on grey woodgrain card, fussy cut and edged them with black ink.  

Thanks for looking.  Hugz

No comments: