Thursday, December 12, 2019

In the Deep Midwinter: Day 12: A Boy and His Dog

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Wintery greetings from Laurie!  We have a wintertime challenge for the entire month of December:  In the Deep Midwinter.  We want to see what fabulous projects you can create with a winter theme.

I created a card for this using one of my very favorite Lost Coast Stamps: Georges and Louis.

I stamped Georges and Louis onto white card stock and fussy cut.  I then restamped Georges's coat with green ink, cut that out, and superimposed it onto my original stamped image.  I added some color with Copic markers and added some small brass "buttons" to Georges's coat.

For my background I roughly tore a piece of scrapbook paper that looks like falling snow.  I edged it with some Distress Ink and affixed my stamped image in the center of it.  I attached that to a sheet of vintage music paper and layered that with some Kraft card stock.  The final touch was a couple of torn pieces of Washi tape in opposing corners, as shown.

So stay nice and warm in your craft room or wherever you do your creating and make something for the winter time challenge.  You just might win some free stamps!!

1 comment:

ionabunny said...

Hi Laurie. I love Georges green coat. What a great idea. They do look like they are in a snow storm. Very cool. Hugz