Sunday, March 22, 2020

Winged Things: Steampunk Angel

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi from Laurie again with a card for the "Winged Things" challenge going on right now here on the Lost Coast Portal.  For this I used the Steampunk Fly Girl stamp from Lost Coast Designs.

I stamped my Steampunk Angel onto a piece of a background paper I created using vintage ledger papers and book pages.  I used my Gelli Plate with green, yellow, and orange acrylic paints atop the vintage papers and stamped my image with black Stayz On ink.  I cut this into a rectangle and edged it with black ink.  I attached a "Discover" sticker to the left side and a couple of gears and number 33 thumbtack onto the lower right corner.

I took a  piece of green scrapbook paper and using a stencil and some Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, I stenciled the design around the edges of the paper.  I attached my stamped piece to the center and cut it our, edging it with black ink as a finishing touch.

There are so many wonderful "flying" images you can have fun creating with.  Let's see what you can make for this latest challenge.  Just be sure to use some rubber stamping somewhere on your project and to make sure you have some wings too!


No comments: