Saturday, June 20, 2020

Background Forward: Forgetful Penguin

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi again from Laurie with a fun card for this current challenge:  Background Forward.  So rather than having your background just be in the background, create an interesting, creative background and let it be the feature of your piece.

I used four different background stamps for this, all from Lost Coast Designs:
Little DiamondsWhite WavesLarge Chickenwire, and Idinkera.  I also used one of the penguins from the Grumpy Penguins set and the clear stamp phrase Forget Shit from Carmen's Veranda.

I started by stamping each of my backgrounds with black ink onto some scrapbook paper that is primarily white but has some bits of green here and there.  I cut each piece into 1 1/2 inch squares until I had a total of 16 squares.  I then glued the squares in random order onto black card stock and trimmed around the edges.  I machine stitched around the border with black thread.

I added a bit of color with some orange and green Distress Ink sprays here and there.

Next I stamped my penguin onto white paper with black ink and cut him out.  He looked too white against my background, so I stamped him lightly with a bit of Antique Linen Distress Ink and colored his beak orange.  I stamped my sentiment on white paper with black ink and edged it in black.  I attached both the penguin and the saying with foam tape to give them each some dimension.

We would love to see your wonderful featured backgrounds and hope you will join us for the fun and different challenge!


No comments: