Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Gnomes: and Chickens Crossing the Road

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi ho from Laurie on this 26th day of January, continuing to celebrate Gnomes here on the Portal.  We see them everywhere these days, and there are a fabulous collection of them on the Lost Coast Designs website.

I made a card for this challenge, using the Pointy Hat Gnome and the Small Diamonds background stamp, both of which can be found at Lost Coast Designs,  The sentiment is Chickens Crossing, one of the many clearstamps on the Carmen's Veranda website.

I created my background by heat embossing the small diamonds background onto a piece of black card stock, using white embossing powder.  I trimmed up the edges and layered it with a piece of white card stock.

Next I stamped my gnome with black ink onto white card stock, colored him with Copic Sketch markers, and fussy cut him out.   I glued a white pompom to the tip of his pointy hat.

I die cut the center circle using white paper and affixed it as shown.  I positioned the gnome atop this and used foam tape to attach him to give him a bit of dimension.  My sentiment was stamped with black ink onto a white square, edged with blue, and positioned as shown.

Done and dusted!  You still have a couple of days left to show us your "Gnome" creations.  Free stamps for the winner!



No comments: