Monday, August 30, 2021

Kissing Mona

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
 
Hello Portal Peeps!   Gail here with some final inspiration for our Face On! challenge.  You have until close of play Pacific Standard Time tomorrow, give or take the summer time thingy, to join the fun and share your stamped makes featuring a human face.  I had the desire to do some acrylic block stamping and decided to throw in a little kissing for good luck!!!!

I used Lost Coast Designs Victorian Mona and Pieces of Calligraphy and 
Carmen's Veranda Nights Into Mornings sentiment stamps.
 
I started by inking an acrylic block with Mowed Lawn and Evergreen Bough distress inks.  I spritzed with water, kissed with the Pieces of Calligraphy stamp and stamped both on the paper.  Hmmmm.....
Since there was still wet ink on both the acrylic block and the stamp I stamped them again under the first impressions.  Hmmmm!!!!!
Then I made a whole sheet of stamping, using the same techniques, varying when and how much I spritzed and stamping off the stamp and the acrylic block all over the sheet until I was happy with the look.
I cut a piece out of my master sheet that I liked using a stitch rectangle die and inked up Victorian Mona hat and dress with green archival ink.  Then I cut partial masks and stamped her face with black archival ink.
Ta Dah!!!!!   She was looking a little green so I used some water and a paper towel and dabbed the distress ink out of her face and bow.
To finish I stamped the Nights Into Mornings sentiment, used some glitter glue on her feathers and necklace and mounted on a dark green base card.
 
Don't forget to join the fun and have you seen the NEW GNOMES!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

No comments: