Monday, April 18, 2022

Hats: Three Monkeys in Hats

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi from Laurie as we find ourselves with another new challenge here on the Portal:  Hats.
Fun, right??  What can you make and then put a hat on?  I think we will be seeing some great projects for  this one!

I made a series of three tags for this challenge using the Three Monkeys stamp and the Vertical Hats border stamp, both from Lost Coast Designs.

After cutting out my three tags, I covered each with some papers from my stash:  one is a Gelli print and the other two were done with Oxide Distress spray inks.  I edged all three with a dark blue marker.

The Three Monkeys were stamped onto white paper with black ink and colored in with Copic Sketch markers.  I then fussy cut them out.  The various hats were done the same way and colored and cut out and then attached, one to each monkey.  Next I die cut ovals out of coordinating papers, attached those to the center of each tag, and placed the monkey images in the center of each oval.  I added some white Nuvo Crystal Drops to each of the monkeys' hats.  Final step was to punch a hole in the top of each and add some blue seam binding ribbon.

So get out  your crafty supplies and make something fun with a "Hats" theme to it, and you just might win some free stamps from Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda!!



1 comment:

Sue said...

These are fabulous Laurie, such fun! xx