Friday, September 29, 2017

Bingo! on The Border

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

On the Border Event at LCD Portal to Creativity


Hi all - Laurie here.  I've had a lot of fun with the On the Border event taking place here on the Portal to Creativity.   LCD has so many great border stamps - really simple ones and some really elaborate ones that you can even just use portions of.

The sample here uses the Raven with Tree Branches stamp and the Bingo Border stamp


I have a stash of background papers I keep on hand, most of which I have made with my Gelli plate.  This background is one of those and I used yellow, orange and copper acrylic paints and then a couple of stencils and impression plates to create the design.  I stamped the Raven right onto my background with black ink and stamped the Bingo border along the lower edge.  I cut out two of the Bingo chips and mounted them to the upper left corner with foam tape so they stand out a bit.  Using some simple letter stamps, I stamped the word "BINGO' onto a white strip edged black ink, edged it with black, and attached it with foam tape.  I layered my work onto black card stock then with rough edged watercolor paper.

This would make a great Halloween card!  All the right colors for Halloween and that Raven brings Edgar Allen Poe to mind! 

You can link up your On The Border projects until 14th October. 
Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I love this Laurie, the raven look amazing here xx