Tuesday, October 10, 2017

31 Days of Halloween Day 10 - The Raven Witch

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun! 

Happy 10th of October from Laurie and I hope it finds you creating some fun Halloween goodies that you can share on the blog challenge going on until the end of the month.

This is another card I created using the LCD Raven Prince Small stamp and the Grunge Black Swirl Background stamp from Carmen's Veranda.

I used a background paper I had made previously with my Gelli plate (again!), some green, blue and yellow acrylic paints and a piece of corrugated cardboard that I used to make the patterns in the paint.  I heat embossed the Raven right onto my background with black embossing powder.  I then took the Grunge Black Swirl background stamp, and using just the edges, I stamped around the edges with black ink.  I put a little witch's hat on his head and glued a star to it.  Using my vintage typewriter, I typed "Nevermore" onto a green scrap layered with white and attached it to his beak.  The whole piece gets mounted onto black card stock then to a white card.


The complete list of participants in the hop is shown on the sidebar.
Don't forget to leave us a little love so we know you dropped by.  We also have loads of chances to win Lost Coast dollars. Link up your projects to these fun challenges:

On The Border Event - use border stamps - til 14th October
31 Days Of Halloween - share your Halloween projects - til 31st October
Animals Challenge -  use an animal or 3 - til 25th October

Now you need to hop along to TEE

8 comments:

Mary Holshouser said...

Love all of the designs in the bird's body.
Fangtastic page.
thanks for sharing.

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome raven stamp! Love the hat too!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous! Jo x

valscraftings said...

Love the black and yellow!

Val
LeighSBDesigns DT

Sue said...

I love this Laurie, amazing detail on the raven! xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Love all the details of this creation. Fabtatic result! Especially Love the raven with his hat.

ionabunny said...

Fab background and the hat adds a lovely touch of whimsy. Hugz

Tee said...

Stunning texture on this Raven, and I love the yellow and black!