Thursday, October 5, 2017

31 Days Of Halloween Day 5 - Owlween

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Greetings Portal Peeps, Horrifying Hoppers and all you other watchers and lurkers and fans of Halloweeny.   Gail here today with an ATC featuring one of Lost Coast Designs new stamps Owlynn.  I have chopped and changed this one around a bit so do check out the link to see it in all it's glory.

 I stamped and embossed part of Lost Coast Designs Scarves Background and coloured with various autumnal distress ink colours.  I stamped. embossed and fussy cut Owlynn and decided to have the owl in focus.  I fussy cut the large flower group and placed them a bit further up the owl image.  I cut some of the flowers from the right hand side of the image and used them to fill in under the lady's face.  I was going to cover that as well but think it's adds to the spook factor there on the edge.  I took the book of shadows that hangs around Owlynn's neck and gave it to the owl.  Then I cut the word using Sizzix dies. 

 Close up of some of the gorgeous details.  I've coloured the Owlynn image with distress inks, Promarkers and added some details with a gold pilot marker.

The complete list of participants in the hop is shown on the sidebar ==>

Don't forget to leave us a little love so we know you dropped by.  
We also have loads of chances to win Lost Coast dollars.  Link up your projects to these fun challenges:
On The Border Event - use border stamps - til 14th October
31 Days Of Halloween - share your Halloween projects - til 31st October
Animals Challenge -  use an animal or 3 - til 25th October 

Wicked Bloggers Welcome!! 

Now you need to hop along to TEE 

12 comments:

Diana said...

I am a real owl lover, got two real owls myself.
The backgrpound is really my fav color combo and how you managed to get the Owl in the focus, is really stunning and gorgeous.

X
Diana
My creations

Laurie said...

Gail this is awesome! I have never paid any attention to that background stamp and you used it stunningly! Bravo!!

Alison said...

This is very cool! I love that it's busy, but still very "readable" due to the way you colored it. Love it!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Very striking, love the colours you picked and the owl stands out nicely!

Mary Holshouser said...

this has a chilling effect.
The owl really stands out - maybe
it's his intense stare.
Fangtastic piece.
thanks for sharing.

Sue said...

This is seriously cool Gail, I love it! xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Gorgeous image. Love the colouring!!

ionabunny said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments. Hugz

Denise Bryant said...

Love the colors on this piece! Very nice project!

Sarah said...

Wow there's so many little images within the main picture. I love how you highlighted the owl and created an ombre effect in the background.

Tee said...

I love this! Awesome!

Unknown said...

Ooh Gail, this is a beautiful ATC. Love the colours.