Thursday, September 26, 2019

Make It Funny: Trio of Penquins

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi again from Laurie with a series of three tags for the
Make It Funny Challenge.
I used Katzelkraft's Grumpy Penguins Stamp Set, which is available from Lost Coast Designs, and three of Carmen's Veranda Clear Stamps.  There is a great selection of sentiments so be sure to check all four pages!

I used the same background for each of my tags.  It is a Gelli print I made using blue and green acrylic paints.  I then stenciled my tags with Distress Oxide Ink in Abandoned Coral and white paint, using a different stencil for each tag. I added a bit of black random stamping for some contrast.

Next I stamped my penguins onto white card stock with black ink and fussy cut them.  I colored their beaks orange and added some Glossy Accents to the beaks and eyes.  I placed each penguin on the lower portion of the tag to give me room at the top for my stamped sentiment.  I added a hat to each and used some foam tape to give then some dimension.  The hats can be found at Vertical Party Hats at Lost Coast Designs.  I simply stamped three different hats and cut them out, only adding a couple of little flowers to Mrs. Penguin's hat.  

Sentiments were stamped with black ink onto white card stock, cut out, and edged with black ink.  All sentiments were also attached with foam tape.   For the final step I added some ribbon and various colored fibers to each tag.

https://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2019/09/challenge-84-make-it-funny.html

This is such a fun challenge so we hope you will join us and show us your Fun and "Funny" stamped projects!


No comments: