Sunday, July 12, 2020

Off the Edge: Yoga Cats Get Down

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi all from Laurie again!  I hope you are all healthy and able to find extra time to spend doing crafty projects while we are all stuck at home.

I have another project for our "Off the Edge" challenge in which I use the following stamps:

Yoga Cat #9 and Doodle Circles Background, both from Lost Coast Designs, and  I Swear I Have It Together clear stamp from Carmen's Veranda. 

I created my background by using some Distress Spray inks in shades of blue, orange, and green on some pre-moistened watercolor paper.  I sprayed on my inks then sprayed more water and let the colors kind of run together, then blotted up the excess moisture with a tissue.  I used a heat gun to dry and set the colors.

Using the Doodle Circles background stamp and some turquoise Distress Oxide Ink, I stamped the circles onto my background page.  Next I stamped my two yoga cats with black ink onto turquoise scrapbook paper and fussy cut them out.  I attached them as shown along the bottom of my card, with  the one on the right coming in from "off the edge".

I stamped my sentiment with black ink onto white paper and layered it with the same turquoise scrapbook paper; I then attached it as shown to the upper right corner.  Final step was to edge my background with turquoise ink and layer it with a white panel.

Please show us what fun things you can create that are "going off the edge".  Don't forget to use some rubber stamping somewhere in your projects.  You just might win some free stamps!!


No comments: