Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Movie Mania: Godzilla

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Welcome to the first of September and the new challenge here on the Portal:  Movie Mania.  We want to see what fun things you can create with characters from your favorite movies.  So many to choose from!    It's Laurie here for this first day of the challenge with a Godzilla card.  I remember seeing "Godzilla" at the movie theater when I was small and being scared silly!

For this card, I used the Godzilla stamp and the Small Butterfly stamp from the Butterfly stamp set, both from Lost Coast Designs.  My sentiment is from the huge selection of clear stamp phrases at Carmen's Veranda.

I began with my background, which is a piece of white card stock, a leaf stencil, and three shades of Distress Ink sprays.  After spraying and drying my background piece, I edged it with some Crushed Olive Distress Oxide ink.

Next I stamped Godzilla with black ink onto a piece of dark green card stock, then fussy cut him out.  I added "teeth" with a while gel pen and enlarged his eye with a small piece of white paper and a black rhinestone.  I used a Glitter Gel pen to go over his back and tail to make them stand out more.  I then attached him to the lower left corner with foam tape.

I stamped my sentiment onto a white square with black ink and edged it in black.  I positioned that in the upper right corner.  I stamped the small butterfly twice onto red yardstick and cut them both out, attaching them as shown.  I just glued the center of the bodies to the background so I could fold the wings up to make them look dimensional.

Come join the fun and show us your "Movie Mania" creations featuring some rubber stamping. You might just win some free stamps!!






No comments: