Wednesday, January 18, 2023

The Race Is On!

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
 
Hello Portal Peeps!   Gail here today with some inspiration for the Winged Things challenge.  I didn't really have any particular idea in mind today, so I went through my Lost Coast Designs stamps and pulled out anything with wings.  Well, that was quite a pile!!  I whittled it down to a few contenders and decided to go for a sky scene...... 
I had so much fun making this!!!!  
I started with pale blue card, put some salty ocean distress oxide ink on my craft mat, spritzed with water and and smooshed my card through it.  When it had dried I stamped Lost Coast Designs MRaven1 with black archival ink.
I masked the raven and stamped Carmen's Veranda Flying Monkey background, cos you can never have too many flying monkeys!!!   I used black archival for the monkeys and when I removed the raven mask I decided I wouldn't have enough contrast.  So I stamped both the raven and Lost Coast Designs Flying Pig 2 on white card, coloured with distress and Pro-markers and fussy cut them.
I mounted the panel on a black cardbase and then placed the raven and the pig so they just overlapped the panel both sides.  I positioned the raven slightly offset of the stamped image underneath so he gets a bit more wing and tail feathers.  I added glitter glue to the pig's wings but it's not so visible in the picture.
Join the Winged Things Challenge with your stamped anythings featuring things with wings.
Real rubber or clear stamping and the theme must be the focus of your project.
Thanks for dropping by.

No comments: