Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Happy 4th of July

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!
 
Hello Portal Peeps!!!   Happy 4th of July to all you US peeps.  Hope you are all having an awesome day.  Here at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity we are all Red, White and Blue this fortnight, with real stamping as well of course.  I think the blog and linky are looking very pretty with this lovely colour combo.  I've used the lovely American Gothic Steampunk stamp from Lost Coast Designs for my card.


I started by stamping American Gothic Steampunk stamp on white card with blue ink

Then I cut out the background behind the people.

I stamped American Gothic Steampunk stamp with red ink on white card and watercoloured the background behind the barn with scarlet brusho powder diluted in water. Then I placed it behind the people.  I cut the panel out, edged it with blue ink and mounted on a fancy die cut panel and base card.  I stamped the first part of Carmen's Veranda It's Never Too Late sentiment with blue ink.

Inside I stamped the rest of the Carmen's Veranda It's Never Too Late sentiment and also a Happy Birthday from Lost Coast Designs Misc. Words set.  I thought it looked a bit plain so I stamped around the edge of the white panel using the edge of Carmen's Veranda Clock Face Square and blue ink.  I cut the bottom of the back piece straight so the card stands steady.

You have until 23.59 PST on the 14th and don't forget to follow us so you don't miss anything!  The team will be posting more inspiration throughout the month so check back and join the Red, White and Blue fun.

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

2 comments:

Riet Harikini said...

Lovin this one Gail. So smart the red barn and sky.

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card, Gail. I love how you created the inside panel - looks great, Jo x