Thursday, August 22, 2019

Wood Challenge: The Evil Eye

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi from Laurie here with a project for the current challenge: Wood.  Lots you can do with this theme, but it might make you think!
I made a card here using the Grunge Tree background stamp and the Evil Eye stamp, both from Lost Coast Designs.

I began by creating a background, using a circle stencil and green and blue Distress inks.  I cut around the edges with some deckle-edged scissors and mounted my piece to a black background.

Next I stamped my image onto white card stock and began coloring it with Copic markers in shades of gray and brown, using yellow for the claws and eyes.  I added some Crackle Accents to the eyes and teeth to give them some shine and make the stand out.  I fussy cut my image and affixed it to the front of my card. 
https://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2019/08/challenge-82-wood.html
So put on your thinking caps and see what creations you can make with the Wood theme.  We can't wait to see what you make, and you just might win some free stamps!!

1 comment:

ionabunny said...

This is very cool. I love how you coloured Evil Eye. He's so cool and lovely background. Hugz