Friday, January 10, 2020

Anything Goes: Day 10 - Laurie's Junk Journal

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi from Laurie and hope this finds you warm and getting 2020 off to a good start.  And what better way to start your creative journey than by taking part in the Lost Coast Challenge for the beginning of January:  Anything Goes.  That means create whatever you want in whatever theme you like, just make sure your project includes some rubber or clear stamping - no digi's!

I have gotten into Junk Journals the past couple of months and one of my projects that I want to tackle this winter is to create my own junk journal.  So I thought I would make something that I could include in my journal - I have been trying to make and collect things so when my journal is done I will have some fun stuff to put in it.
So I made a journal card with a tuck spot for tucking miscellaneous goodies.  For the front of my card, I used a piece of cream card stock measuring 4 1/2 by 3 inches, edged with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.  I stamped the Postcards Background stamp from Carmen's Veranda onto my card using black ink.

Next I stamped The King Chess Piece with black ink onto cream card stock and fussy cut him out.  I punched some small gold circles to decorate his crown and attached him to my journal card.  I then took a piece of heavier vintage book paper and created another card slightly wider than my first one.  I edged it with the same Distress ink then attached the two cards by sewing around all four sides.  Since the top card is smaller, the left edge of it has remained open to create a little tuck spot that you can slide things into.

I stamped a couple of ATC background cards using ATC Misc 6 Set from Lost Coast Designs.  I edged those with distress ink and tucked them, along with a vintage ticket, into my tuck spot, and this is ready to be put into my journal!
https://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2020/01/challenge-90-anything-goes.html

I hope you will join us for this first 2020 Challenge!!