Monday, January 20, 2020

Walk of Fame: Sherlock On the Case

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi again from Laurie with a project for the "Walk of Fame" challenge going on until the end of January here on the Portal.

For this card, I used the Sherlock Holmes stamp from Carmen's Veranda and the Ledger background stamp from Lost Coast Designs.

I have a box full of Gelli prints that I have made over the past months so I dug around until I found this background page.  It's made with yellow, blue, rust, and gold acrylic paints and a couple of different stencils.  I love how the little touches of blue appear here and there - that's what often happens if you don't clean the paint off your plate before you add some new colors.  You get some of the older paint showing through, which I really like.

I stamped the Ledger background with black StayzOn ink - since it's a painted background regular ink won't dry well.  I stamped Sherlock with black ink onto some cream paper and trimmed around the edges, then inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I affixed him to the center of my background paper with some black photo corners.

The final step was to layer this with blue paper and stitch around the edges with black thread.

We can't wait to see what you can create for the fun famous people challenge!  So come join us!


1 comment:

ionabunny said...

Fabulous colours and I love that background with this super Sherlock stamp. Hugz