Sunday, March 28, 2021

Neon Hippie Gnome

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hello all Cathy here with a neon card for you.
Stamps used: sunglass gnome

I started out with some white cardstock and 3 colors of neon paint. I but 3 blobs of paint on my craft mat and took a brayer to them and rolled it on the paper. Set aside to dry. 

Stamp sunglass gnome and color his strips with neon markers. I bet you could use highlighters if you didn't have neon markers. I colored the rest of the sunglass gnome with copic markers. Cut out. 

Now back to the piece that has the neon paint. I die cut it to fit on the front of the card. Also I stamped
the Horizontal party hats in the same neon colors as the paints but they didn't really show up. You can knida see it on the top of the blue. I then felt it need something so I took a butterfly stencil and some black paint and added that. 
Lastly I added washi tape for the gnome to stand on and added to a dark brown card base. 

                                                    


I hope you will join in your hat challenge here.

2 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Once your eyes have seen the first party hat, the others do sort of emerge from the neon! Fun bright card, love the use of the washi tape to ground him (my washi usage is limited and usually looks rubbish!).

Sue said...

This is fabulous Cathy, great fun! xx