Friday, March 24, 2023

Black and White: Chess King

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hope you are all enjoying this current challenge - Black and White!  It's a real "challenge" to make something with no other colors!  But I had fun piecing together some different background stamps for this card.  I used the following:

Chess King stamp from Lost Coast Designs and the following background stamps, also from
Lost Coast:


And also the Grunge Diamonds background stamp from Carmen's Veranda.

For each of the 5 background stamps, I stamped them with black ink onto white card stock and cut them into 1 1/2 squares.  I then assembled them in rows of three and pasted them to a piece of card stock.  I stitched around the edges with black thread. 

The chess king was stamped with black ink onto white card stock and fussy cut out.  I then pasted that to some black card stock and fussy cut around the original image to give it a nice black outline.
It was then affixed to the center of my background panel with some foam tape, and I added some black rhinestones to his crown.

We can't wait to see your black and white projects so be sure to share them here on the Portal!





No comments: