Monday, March 6, 2023

Spring Has Spring - Happy Spring Home Decor

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!


Roni here...today I have a fun project inspired by this fun giant size bottle cap from the Dollar Tree.
Do you ever just see something and know you've got to have it because it will make a perfect project starter? I KNEW that this bottle cap would make the perfect so I bought it on the spot.

It's metal so I started off by adding a layer of color with AI...a couple shades of green for the grass and blues for the sky.  I then stamped the Daisy Flourish over the AI using VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink.  It took a while to dry but it really looks so nice IRL.  I stamped several extra daisies onto yellow and pink cardstock and fussy cut them to add later.

Next I stamped the bunny onto a vintage book page and the duck on yellow cardstock (Duck & Bunny).  I used colored pencils to add some shading to each of the little guys then cut them out.  These were mounted onto the bottle cap using double stick foam to pop them off the surface. 

I then adhered the sticker sentiments and glued the flowers down here and there.  I used Diamond Painting drills for the centers of each of the flowers.  I then added a bit of twine to hang it and called it done!

I hope you're inspired to join in on the fun....



No comments: