Thursday, March 2, 2023

Spring Has Sprung: Tulip Gnome

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Greetings from Laurie on this 2nd day of March and second day of our "Spring Has Sprung" challenge.  I've made a tag for this one using the Gnome with Tulip stamp from Lost Coast Designs.  It's just one of a whole collection of fun gnome stamps over at Lost Coast Designs.

My tag is made with tissue paper on a gel plate in place of regular paper.  It's obviously more fragile than regular paper, so be gentle when you are working on the tissue.  I used paints in pink, yellow, and green and a stencil to create the design.  Once dried, this was then glued to a piece of vintage book page.  I rounded the corners and edged this with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink.  

My gnome was stamped with black ink onto a white piece of paper and fussy cut out.  I colored him in with Copic Sketch Markers and glued him in the center of my tag.  Final step was to tie a piece of blue seam binding to the top of my tag.

We are excited to see all your spring creations - don't forget to feature rubber stamping in all your projects!



No comments: