Monday, August 20, 2018

R I P

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Well it's getting on towards fall soon which always puts me in the mood for Halloween!
So for this "Hard As Stone" challenge going on now on the Portal, I have
created a card with a Halloween theme - or at least a rather macabre theme if you can find another occasion for it!
I used the Goth Shrine ATC size stamp and the Daisy Flourishes stamp for this card, both from Lost Coast Designs.

I started by stamping my Goth Shrine with black ink onto a piece of left over background paper I had made with my Gelli plate and some stencils and brown and orange paints.  I then stamped my shrine again, this time on some vintage-y looking scrapbook paper, again using black ink.  I cut out the skull heads, the bones, the hourglass and the snake and glued those on top of my original stamped image.  I stamped R I P with black ink onto the same paper, cut out the letters and attached them as shown.  I edged the whole with black ink.  

I then took the Daisy Flourishes stamp and stamped that twice with brown ink onto some cream card stock and edged it with brown ink.  I layered that with some old journaling paper and that's the process!  A bit of fussy cutting involved but otherwise, pretty simple.

Show us what you can create for this "Hard As Stone" challenge - architecture, stone work, statues, etc.


1 comment:

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous. I love the browns giving it a lovely vintage feel and the flourishes behind fit perfectly. Hugz