Sunday, August 26, 2018

Window on a New Day

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hello.  Gail here today with a little inspiration for our current Hard As Stone challenge.
We want to see an architectural element on your stamped makes and I decided to play with the lovely gothic window from Lost Coast Designs' Door and Window set.  And what better to go with a gothic window than a Gothic Princess.....
She is so pretty, standing on her own little beach, under the stars,
looking through the window to a new day. 
I started by stamping the window on a white base card with black archival ink.  Then I stamped Goth Princess, coloured her with distress inks and a neon green gel pen and fussy cut her.   Those eyes is a little bit spooky!  I think she's been in the dragon blood liqueur!!!
I wanted to play with my new Baked Texture embossing powders.  I used my embossing pen to scribble the foreground and used Dirty Sand btep and heated it.  The texture is amazing.  I looks a little like sand when you sprinkle it and keeps that rough sandy feel when heated.  Then I smeared Versamark ink around the sides and top of my card and embossed with Deep Sea.  This has some nice white chunky bits but not many of those stuck to my versamark ink.  On the right hand side I have started to layer the embossing powder cos I want to stamp in it.  This one is translucent so you can see how the colour intensifies as you layer it up.
Once I had 3 layers of Deep Sea powder I melted it and stamped Lost Coast Designs Cracked Sky with white dye ink.   I coloured the window and bricks with Pumice Stone and Hickory Smoke distress inks and gave the foreground a wash of Spiced Marmalade.  I masked the window and stamped Cracked Grass (upside down to make grass into mountains and trees LOL) and coloured the sky with Stormy Sky distress.
I finished colouring the sceney with more distress inks and added my goth Princess. 
https://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2018/08/challenge-59-hard-as-stone.html

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope you feel inspired to join the fun and show us your stamped projects with windows, doors, houses, statues, brick, flagstones etc.  There are Lost Coast Dollars up for grabs and the more entries the bigger the prize!!
The Hard As Stone Challenge linky is open to the end of the month.

No comments: