Monday, November 12, 2018

Yellow, Green and Orange Skull

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Hi again from Laurie with another Day of the Dead project.  We are celebrating DOD here on the Portal until the 15th of the month, so you still have time to enter your creations.

This is an ATC I made using the Black Nose Sugar Skull stamp from Lost Coast Designs.  There are three different sugar skull stamps to choose from, so be sure to check them out.  All three are great and really lend themselves to being colored and decorated.
I stamped my skull onto white card stock with black ink and cut it out.  I then colored it using yellow, orange, and green markers.  I outlined around the teeth with black to make them really stand out.  I added some "jewels" in orange and green and some Glossy Accents for the eyes to give them some dimension.

 I used another one of my Gelli prints with yellow and green paints and cut it to fit my ATC.  I edged it with green ink and using black ink, stamped the Swirls and Dots border stamp along the bottom.  I mounted my sugar skull with foam tape as shown giving it a bit of dimension.  And that's it!  So easy, fun, and colorful!  Show us what fun things you can make using the DOD theme.

If you haven't visited all the wonderful projects from the team for the Lost Coast Designs Mayan Blog hop then please do.  You can leave comment until the end of the month and be in the draw for Lost Coast Dollars!


And then there's our design team call!!! 
Maybe it's you we are looking for!
Make sure you are following so you don't miss any of the exciting happenings. 

1 comment:

ionabunny said...

This is beautiful Laurie. Love the green and yellow. Hugz