Thursday, April 2, 2020

Spring has Sprung

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

 Hello everyone, Riet here.
Today I want to tell you how I made this art journal card.  First I took a piece of sturdy cardboard and pasted on a page from an old music book.  I kept the music paper a bit smaller than the cardboard so that you can see the edges.
After I smeared the paper with Gesso I colored it with Gelato's.
Then I added the diamond's with a stencil and Gelato stick. I drew edges around it with a pencil and scratched it with a knife. I stamped the top edge with Versa magic and the Hearts and Curls Border.  With a brush with water I went over the hearts so that they are a bit lighter in color.
I wrote the text and added the dashes with a Posca marker.
Well that was the background, and then for the beautiful dragonfly stamp from the More Bugz sheet. Take a piece of watercolor paper. Stamp with a waterproof ink.
I colored the dragonfly with Tombo markers, but you can color it with whatever you want. Then here and there some white paint splatters and you're done.

I hope you enjoy this little tutorial.
And join our Spring Has Sprung challenge, its fun.
https://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com/2020/04/challenge-96-spring-has-sprung.html


2 comments:

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous colours. Love this. Hugz

Unknown said...

Love this card. Great job, Riet! Love Hannie