Sunday, April 12, 2020

Spring Has Sprung: Day 12: Bunny and Flower and Bonus Project

Welcome back to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity where Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda collide to bring you twice the inspiration and double the fun!

Happy Spring again from Laurie, and I hope you are all posting your spring makes on the Portal.  And I hope wherever you are, there is spring weather.

I made a card for this challenge using the Sketchy Lily from Lost Coast Designs and the bunny from the Duck and Bunny Set at Carmen's Veranda.  What shouts spring more than flowers and bunnies???

I started with a piece of corrugated cardboard that I tore off of a shipping box.  I peeled the top layer of paper off the cardboard to expose the ridged layer below.  I lightly painted the ridges with Gesso and let that dry well.

Next I took a sheet of scrap book paper and tore one edge of it to use as my background.  I went around all the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink then stamped the flower directly onto my paper. 
I then re-stamped it onto blue paper, cut out just the flower part, and glued that atop the stamped flower.

Next I stamped my bunny onto some cream slightly patterned scrapbook paper with black ink and cut him out.  I added just a little light blue color to his eyes and affixed him next to the flower - I wanted it to look like he was smelling the sweet flower!  I added some word stickers above the rabbit.

Final touch was to glue some vintage lace along the top edge and tie a piece of twine around the lace to help hold it in place.  

We are excited to see what fun spring themed projects you can cook up in your craft room, so be sure to post them today to enter the challenge!



Bonus Project!

I created this little bookmark using the sweet PixikinHLP stamp from Lost Coast Designs.  My green background is a piece of a larger Gelli print that I made awhile ago with light green and some yellow paints.  I stamped the baby Pixi with black StayzOn ink directly onto my background paper and colored a bit with green Copic markers to darken up the leaves and vine.  I then re stamped the Pixi on the same piece of my Gelli print, cut out just the little swaddled Pixi and glued that atop my original stamped image.
I then stamped the tiny face onto white card stock, added some color with Copic markers, and attached it directly over the face on my previously stamped image.

I finished it off by attaching it to a piece of yellow card stock that I rounded the corners of and then machine stitched around the edges.  I punched a hole in the top and added some decorative green fiber and just like that, it's a book mark!!



No comments: